Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Saving myself for marriage

Noble. Respectful. Good. God's heart. These are some reasons why I am saving myself for marriage. I think it is wonderful, but sometimes I wonder, have I taken it too far. "Jess, what DO you mean?" I will tell you, hold on, and whether it relates to me saving myself for marriage or not, it is not clear, but is seemed like a great segway into what I am about to say.
I can't make eye-contact with men. If I know you and know that there is no way anything will ever happen between us (which is most any guy I know) I could win a staring contest, but if I don't know you or haven't had the chance to smother you in friendliness I avoid eye-contact. I don't have to think he is cute or vise versa, just being in the same 20 year age bracket 20-40 years old intimidates me. Unfortunately I think it stems from low self-esteem about my attraction level. I think I am a wonderful person, beautiful and everything, but I feel like I have little to no ability to attract the opposite sex upon first glance. I am avoiding rejection really. My thought is, if I make eye-contact they might think I am interested in them and having such low views of my attraction level I don't want them to have the opportunity to say, "Um, no thanks". Like that is really what eye-contact communicates. . .I know, it is ridiculous, but I have noticed it a lot in the past week or two. Tomorrow I am going to make it a point to stare down 2 or 3 single men I don't know. This is going to be awkward.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

So...was it awkward? Or did they go Ciao, bella...oh wait, you aren't in Italy...
love ya Jess! Keep on truckin'.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home