Sunday, October 08, 2006

Consistency

Consistency isn't always a strong point for me. Journaling, flossing, reading the Holy Book, even exercise. This fall I decided to, through the influence of my friend Jo, to take a stab at a sprint triathlon. A sprint is a half mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3 mile run. Anyway we trained, participated in the race and immediately decided to make a trip to my home land (Phoenix) and do another one with my brothers. So the training continued. We did some four mile runs with Zoey (a dog) and some bike rides (we are total biker chicks). Needless to say I did the race in AZ, had a blast, loved every second and haven't done ANYTHING since, not so much as to do a couple crunches. Why is this? I am capable, it is good for me, I enjoy it but I can't manage to keep it up. I can't figure out why some things stick while others are a constant struggle to keep afloat. There are some things that I do manage to do on a regular basis like overcommiting myself, miss my friends that live 5 minutes away that I feel like I never see, and pick at my blemishes. These things are not good for me, that I enjoy and yet they come so easy. Isn't it weird. I guess this is the goodness of life to be aware and to constantly push for consistency in the right stuff. What is good and right isn't always easy, but we know God isn't going to send us out on our own to fail, but He is going to walk with us and help us every step of the way. I don't think it will ever be easy to be consistent in things that don't come naturally, but walking with Jesus and trying to keep up is a beautiful place to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

I'm so glad you posted a new blog. I love your writing. It is sweet and lovely and just so you. Beautiful, Jess.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home